In eBird, you may find that a public hot spot has been created for a location where you already have recorded sightings in a personal location. The easiest way to reassign your reports from your personal location to the hot spot, is to merge your location into the hot spot.
- In eBird, go to the My eBird tab.
- Click on the Manage My Locations link on the right.
- Find the location you want to merge, and click on the Edit link in that row on the right.
- Your location will be shown with a green marker.
- Choose the Merge radio button. Any nearby hot spots will be shown with red flame markers.
- Click on the hot spot you want to merge your location with. The screen will show how many checklists will be merged (e.g. “Merge 2 checklists with Acton Arboretum”).
- Click on the Merge button, and confirm.