For full details of upcoming walks and other events, please join the Boxborough Birders Group email list. Events in italics are organized by other groups, but may be of interest to Boxborough Birders.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic attendance at all Boxborough Birders trips is limited, and all participants must preregister. For the safety of everyone, participants must wear face masks at all times, and maintain 6 feet of distance from other participants. Please do not share equipment or carpool with anyone outside your immediate family.
- Thursday, April 8 @7:00pm — Boxborough Birders’ Annual Meeting (online) — Preregistration required
- Saturday, April 10 @7:30am — Assabet River NWR (Al) — Preregistration required
- Wednesday, April 14 @6:45pm — Woodcock Walk at Morrison Farm, Acton (Acton Conservation Trust) – Registration required on ACT website
- Saturday, April 17 @7:30am — Bolton Flats (Wayne) — Preregistration required
- Thursday, April 22 @7:00pm — Chat night — Preregistration required
- Saturday, April 24 @7:30am — Delaney NWR (Rita) — Preregistration required
- Sunday, April 25 @7:30am — Horse Meadows Knoll, Harvard (Sandy) — Preregistration required
- April 30-May 3 — Acton Boxborough BioBlitz
- Saturday, May 8 @7:30am — Steele Farm, Boxborough (Liz) — Registration coming soon
- Saturday, May 15 @7:30am — Acton Arboretum (Peter) — Registration coming soon
- Saturday, May 22 @7:00am — Fruitlands Museum, Harvard (Rita/Sandy, Brookline Bird Club) — Registration coming soon on Brookline Bird Club website
- Sunday, May 23 @7:30am — Beaver Brook Road (Cisco), Boxborough (Liz) — Registration coming soon
- Saturday, June 19 @7:00am — Fruitlands Museum, Harvard (Rita/Sandy, Brookline Bird Club) — Registration coming soon on Brookline Bird Club website
See also New England Birding Calendar
During hunting season, wear orange when birding on properties that allow hunting or that abut land where hunting is or may be allowed (many parcels in Boxborough and surrounding towns). Check out these links for more info:
- For a hunting schedule (to avoid hunters) and overall guideline about the season, see the Massachusetts 2020 Hunting Seasons.
- A zone map as referenced in above link