In eBird, you may find that a public hotspot has been created for a location where you already have recorded sightings in a personal location. The easiest way to reassign your reports from your personal location to the hotspot, is to merge your location into the hotspot.
- In eBird, go to the My eBird tab.
- Click on Locations, under Manage My… on the left.
- Find the location you want to merge, and click on it.
- Your location will be shown with a green marker.
- Choose the Merge tab. Any nearby hotspots will be shown with red flame markers.
- Click on the hotspot you want to merge your location with. The screen will show how many checklists will be merged (e.g. “Merge 53 checklists with (select location from the map) Swanson/Beaver Brook Rds, Boxborough”).
- Click on the blue Merge button, and confirm.